This is the privacy notice of Dennis Silverlock Celebrant. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Dennis Silverlock Celebrant.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and, will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
1. Who am I?
I am Dennis Silverlock
Business address: Hollyfields, Guinea Lane, Weston-under-Redcastle, Shropshire, SY4 5XD
I am a funeral Celebrant and I create funeral ceremonies in accordance with your wishes.
2. What information do I collect from you?
The personal data I would like to process on you is:
* Name and surname
* Postal Address
* Relationship to the deceased
3. Why do I need this data?
The personal data I collect from you will be used for the following purposes:
* To reply to enquiries about my services.
* To visit you if you instruct me to your home address or mutually convenient place in order to plan the funeral content.
* To contact you by phone, email and paper communications
* To be able to make all the necessary arrangements on your behalf for the professional fulfilment of the funeral service as instructed
…….by you and the Funeral Director.
* To request feedback on my services and performance.
* To keep details of funerals on file so I have a record for future reference; e.g. if you get in touch in the future and ask for a similar funeral.
* To complete tax and accounting records.
4. Who might I share your information with?
I will not pass your personal data on to any third parties without first obtaining your written consent. The following third parties
……may receive your personal data for the following purposes;
* To the Institute of Civil Funerals for the purpose of gaining feedback on my work.
* To HMRC and my accountant as part of my accounting processes.
5. How long do I keep your information?
* I will not retain your personal data beyond the date of the funeral, all data will be securely stored and then deleted.
* I will process personal data for up to six weeks after the funeral and will securely store the personal data indefinitely so I have a record
……of the funeral for the purposes stated above.
* Any historical information I hold is stored securely and will not be used to contact families.
6. Your rights
At any point whilst I hold your data you have the following rights:
* Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information I hold about you.
* Right of correction – you have the right to correct data that I hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
* Right to be moved – you have the right to have the data I hold moved to another organisation.
* Right to prevent direct marketing – I cannot contact you in the future unless I have your permission to do so.
* Right to prevent automatic decision-making and profiling – I do not carry out automated processing or profiling.
* Right to be forgotten – you can ask for your personal data to be erased from my records (I can decline if records are needed
……for legal obligations).
* Right to complain – see Complaints section below
* Please note that the above legal rights apply to the personal data I hold about you as a living person, rather than any data
……relating to the deceased.
7. How to Complain.
In the event you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by me, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with me or directly with the supervisory authority.
* The details for the supervisory authority are;
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
This policy will be reviewed on: 1st February 2021